Lizzie's Age!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

11.11.2007

Registry Woes

So, I spent an entire weekend - and I really do mean an entire weekend - building a baby registry at www.babycenter.com. I was so excited! I picked out all the perfect furniture that would fit in the Korean-sized nursery in our apartment, I researched strollers and car seats until I was confident I had found exactly what I wanted, every category was covered. We had some extra money this month, so I was going to get a head start and order a few things for the nursery - I figured the glider and ottoman were a great first purchase since I could enjoy them now. Well, I went to buy them, and I can't ship them to Korea! If I were to ship them to the states and Fed-Ex or DHL them, it would be the same price over again for shipping! I looked at several other items in my registry, and many of them can't be shipped over here. :-( So, it looks like I'll be stuck using whatever the BX decides to stock (and we looked at that the other day - in general, there are very few choices, with one high-end model and lots of cheap styles, none of which are what I want) or what the Korean version of Wal-Mart (aka E-Mart) sells. We're checking that out this afternoon. In the mean time, I'm sad because a good chunk of my registry can't be shipped to me!!! I looked at other places online, including the AAFES website which stocks the BX, and none of the big stuff can be shipped over here, even through the BX. I just get what they choose to stock :-/. And, there's no use asking them for certain styles, people try that, and get very evasive non-committal answers. So, hopefully the Koreans have cute baby furniture, or one of you has an imaginative way to get large items over here without paying ridiculous prices.

3 comments:

Geeky said...

hmm c-130 anyone?

Anonymous said...

If it's better that we send you the cash,let us know. You can choose what you want since there seem to be some problem.

Dj Promote said...

wow i hope we can get you something