Lizzie's Age!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

11.29.2007

Wiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

I am proud to announce, that after about 2 weeks of stalking the Osan BX (like more hardcore than I have ever done before), I was the lucky person who arrived at about the time the Osan BX opened and got to pre-purchase a Nintendo Wii! So how did this come about? Lets see....

After Cara and I moved to the new apartment on the 9th, we decided that we wanted an LCD TV as well as a Nintendo Wii. The TV was no problem, just go to E-mart (이-마트) and buy one. However, we didn't realize how popular/understocked the Wii was until we wanted one. Around the 15th (day after our TV was installed), I started walking into the BX daily and asking if they had a Wii in stock. I figured they might get it in whenever, and not announce it too much. I was wrong. I was always told to come back on either Tuesday or Friday, which where the BX shipment dates. Since thanksgiving was around the corner, I figured I'd try my luck on Black Friday--oh sorry, I'm not suppose to mention black anymore, it might cause an HR issue at work--The friday after thanksgiving. So I got up with the crowds, and stood in line at the BX, which was an impressive line considering this is Korea--but with $399-$499 laptops, I can see why. So I got to the head of the electronics department line, and... yup, no Wii. Oh well, at least I knew without a doubt that there were no Wiis. Not wanting to waste anymore effort, I started asking more pointed questions like: "Do you have any Wiis? No? When are you going to have them?" and after they gave me an answer, I'd repeat it back. Even if on Tuesday someone said come back Friday I still asked everyday. Sometime earlier this week I had gotten information from one of the clerks that the BX would be receiving 6 consoles. (wow... not a lot for the entire base of Osan...) So I decided to be very agressive, and eventually got some good intel that the Wiis would be coming in on the 29th @ 11am. So I decided I was gonna get there @ 10am and try to buy those. So I got up this morning @ 0940, and realized that I should have gotten up a little earlier to make it to the BX before all the Wiis are sold out. I jump outta bed, throw on some clothes and haul bootie to base. Luckily I live 6-7 mins when going the speed limit and like 4 when speeding (too many turns). And on a side note, I slowed way down when I saw a car turn over on the side of the road where I started to slow anyway. I think he wanted a Wii too. (j/k). I get to the BX around 0955, and its already open! ARGH! So I jet inside (after showing my ration plate of course) and jog back to the electronics section. I see a line, with more than 6 people in it... I almost give up, but someone mentions to another guy who's leaving the line that there are more. So I as I cut the guy off to get in line, I realize that it's just a Wii, and if I don't get one now, I can wait, so I let him get his spot back. But not the guy behind him. Turns out that there were 12(?) consoles, and I got the 9th one! Yesssss!!!! However, this was a pre-purchase line... the Wiis weren't at Osan yet. So I went back at 1730ish and picked it up. Ahh.... a Wii for Mii!!! (and cara too...) :-P

2 comments:

Megan said...

Too coo! Hope the both of you are well!

Dj Promote said...

good lookin out there will... i want one but not that bad... :) just let me borrow it when ya'll are done!!!