Lizzie's Age!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

11.24.2007

Happy Thanksgivings! And more...

Yes, we survived our many Thanksgivings! I baked a 26lb turkey (my first turkey ever!) made gravy which I wasn't sure about, but it was salvaged by a lady at church, made 3 pans of stuffing, and a cherry-glazed ham. Everything turned out well, thank goodness! Though, I was up baking fairly late several evenings. Mom called my grandmother for her stuffing recipe, and it was a hit for sure. We went to the squadron Thanksgiving on Wednesday, our church lunch Thanksgiving on Thursday, followed by a short stay at the Thanksgiving for Will's coworkers, and then a supper Thanksgiving with some friends from work - complete with the movie Swingers. Friday we had a post-Thanksgiving with some couples from church. All were fun, and the food was wonderful! It'll be awhile until I'm hungry again...

In our non-eating life, we now have a 42in LCD HD-tv on our wall, made by LG and with Korean menus. It's fun to be able to watch movies on something other than the computer screen! Also, Will is trying to get ahold of a Wii, but that has proved to be difficult. They are crazy expensive online and the BX is getting 6 of them at some undetermined (or just unreleased!) date in the near future. First it was 'Tues or Fri'. Then '1st week of Dec'. Each time Will asks, the employees try to avoid the question. Interesting. Hopefully we can get one soon, they're supposed to be super fun!

I'm taking another class online, and I'm keeping up so far which is great - I hate being behind. My next class starts in a few weeks, and I'll have an overlap, so hopefully I can handle that. I may intentionally fall behind in the next class so I can finish this one, which ends around Dec 28. The class starting in December ends in late January, and my next class is supposed to start in February and go through late May. I don't think I'm going to take that one, as I'm due in early June, and I'm pretty sure I'll be worn out by the rest of life at that point!

So far, the baby has been really nice to me, I was overly tired for the first month or so, but never really sick, and I'm not so tired anymore either. I'm 12wks, and I'm hoping it stays easy for the rest of the pregnancy :-)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Well, shame on me for not checking your Blog earlier!!! I didn't even know you were pregnant. We are so happy for you & I'll sure spead the word around here. I'll try to keep up with your stuff better. When are you due?
All is well in San Angelo. We sure do miss you guys.
Love, Kim