Lizzie's Age!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.05.2008

Update on The New Guy

He's doing okay, and is taking it well. He's actually pretty jokeful about it too. Today we went to the boss's office first instead of our main office. When we walk up, our boss says hello and he says: "I've told everyone not to ask you how your trip was...There's a pun in there somewhere..." I think my boss thought about that all day long. But I could be wrong. Anyway, we get things taken care of, and head over to the shop. I drive in this time vs parking away from the main building. Jokingly he comments, "Why didn't we do this yesterday?" Oh, I wonder the same thing. When we got to the office, he introduced him self as 'Trip' At that point, I figured he wasn't embarrassed much anymore. But just letting everyone know, the new guy is indeed OK. :-D

Oh even funnier are some of the jokes about the situation I've heard.


New Guy (to me): Okay, so I've come up with the story that I'm going to tell everyone. You and I were talking about politics, I'm a die hard Clinton supporter, and you're a Obama supporter. While we were walking, I said something bad about Obama and somehow I'm on the ground....
(He's joking, I assure you!)

******

Sergeant: Hey dude, don't trip me!
Me: Ha ha, sorry, I'll try not too.
Sergeant: Hey, did SF come out to the scene?
Me: No...
Sergeant: (jokingly..I hope...) Man I'm surprised they didn't come out, see the guy on the ground and report "There's a white male down with a black guy over him!" and then come out with the Humvees and 60 cal guns!

*******

I didn't even think about that fact (black guy/white guy) when it happened... but it goes to show you, that racism is still in a lot of peoples minds, whether we talk about it, or not.

No comments: