Lizzie's Age!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

7.08.2007

Here we are!

Hi everyone! I decided I may be better at blogging than at sending group emails. It got to the point where I was too busy to send emails, and then by the time I got around to it, I had too much to say for one email, so it would either be really long or I'd have to simplify everything. So I gave up and didn't send any emails at all! Not the best plan :-) So, the point of this blog is to tell the stories as they happen, and not be so pressured to say everything at once. Hopefully that'll work! Also, Will and I can both talk in the same place.

For some background, we're both here in northern Pyongtaek, South Korea, also known as Songtan. We work on Osan Air Base - Will is a contractor and I'm in the Air Force. Because of his job, we'll be here for a few years, though we aren't sure how long. I was here for almost 7 months before Will arrived, and I lived on the minimum essentials I had brought with me (all in my luggage!). We finally received Will's shipment of household goods, so we're slowly putting things away and rearranging furniture, and our little apartment is starting to feel like a real home!

Will got here in April to start his job (which he loves), then we went on vacation in the month of June. It was my mid-tour, so Will's company let him leave (we made sure he could before he took the job!). We were gone for 25 days, and went around the world. Starting in Seoul, we flew to Tokyo, then Seattle and DC, drove to NY, flew from JFK to Frankfurt, took the train to Berlin, flew to Estonia, came back to Berlin, then back to Frankfurt, then flew through Dubai back to Seoul. A lot to do in under a month! It was an awesome trip, we had lots of great experiences, and we'll both share some of those, along with our favorite pictures, in the next few posts. I don't want to make this first one too long!

Please leave comments, we love to hear from all of you back in the states. I don't often have time to write personal emails, but I promise I think of you often and even if you don't hear from me, I miss you! I hope this can help us reconnect, as it's so hard for me to keep up friendships long-distance. I know I probably won't see any of you for awhile, but keep us up on where you live, so if we're in the area we can meet up. Also, if you're headed to Korea for any of the upcoming exercises, let us know, or if you're stationed in Japan, we're a short hop away. Of course, you can come stay with us anytime you happen to be in Korea, we have an extra bed waiting, just let us know! We'd love it if you came to visit!

3 comments:

MHJones said...

Good to see you on the web! Your momma (and I) - in DC - will be a regular visitor.

Dad

Anonymous said...

What a ride! It sounds as though you had a great month. Sorry we missed you, but we were thinking of you as you kind of followed us to Tallinn. I had heard that Will was a bit under the weather when he got there, but glad to hear that he is fine again.

It is good to hear from you, and be sure that we always wish you the best. I hope you can come to visit us sometime while we are still around.

Enjoy yourselves, but don't think you can store anything more here in Dad's garage. It is about bursting at the seams.
Love to you both,

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara,
I'm eagerly waiting for your next post. I sent the link out to many who ask about you, so you have a wide audience!
I hope you're also getting into your paper for your class. Good luck with that!
Love you,
Mom