Lizzie's Age!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

7.09.2008

3 Weeks

According to the Korean ladies, today is the first day Lizzie should be allowed to leave the house. I heard about this several times each time we went out previously, the first being when we brought her to church at 4 days old. A Korean lady I know came up and said, "she can be out?", told me that in Korea babies don't leave the house until 3 weeks, and then justified it to herself because the weather was nice. Since then, many Koreans have told me she is too young to be out, and look at me dissaprovingly. Though, in Starbucks when she was 9 days old, a Korean asked me how old she was, and then whispered, "when my daughter was 9 days old, we went to a movie!"

I don't think I've ever seen a "little" Korean baby. I see many larger ones, who seem to be around 6mo old and up, but never a small one. I wonder what they do while they're hiding?

The interesting thing is, when I carry her in the Maya wrap, I don't get any comments! Maybe they think she's older, or that it's ok because she's bundled close. Not sure.



One thing I do know, I couldn't have stayed in the house for 3 weeks. Not counting the doctor's appointment we had to go to, the paperwork processing we had to do to get that appointment, and the forms I had to turn in for leave, all of which required me to leave the house, I wouldn't have been able to stay without going stir-crazy! My trips to Starbucks in between errands were lovely, and walks around the neighborhood are a good way to get out and get some exercise.

But, in honor of Lizzie being allowed to leave the house, we'll go to the US :-)

----------------
Some things about Lizzie:

-she gets really really excited when it's time to eat
-she likes to try to 'inch' around, especially when she's laying on mommy or daddy, and gets mad when she can't (usually because she's run into something)
-she sleeps best wrapped up and in her bed
-she doesn't like her car seat very much, and won't sleep in it unless we're on a long road trip, but when we stop she wakes up
-she enjoys snuggling
-she likes to look around and watch shadows and faces, and sometimes we're not sure what she's watching
-her eyes get real big when she's close to something she wants to see, and she sometimes leans sideways to keep watching something
-she likes to be lifted high
-she doesn't want to be laying down if she's awake, she'd much rather be held vertically
-she hates diaper changes
-when she poops, it's really loud
-after she poops loud, she makes a cute, high-pitched "eh" sound
-she doesn't like wet diapers at all, even if they are just a tiny bit damp, but she will sit in a poopy one for quite awhile
-she likes to lay over a shoulder (in the 'burp' position)
-her fingers are super long and she likes to grab (she likes to hold mommy's finger when she eats)
-she sucks on her hands, and is learning about her thumb. she gets it about 1/3 of the time now
-she gets mad if she can't have access to her hands (i.e. don't wrap them up inside her blanket)
-she makes a super-cute pouty face right before she's about to cry
-her 'reflex' smile is adorable, mommy and daddy can't wait for the real ones
-she acts surprised when daddy blows air puffs at her
-she looks super cute in a fruffle

No comments: